In November, 1959, the shocking murder of a small town Kansas family captures the imagination of Truman Capote (Philip Seymour Hoffman), famed author of Breakfast at Tiffany's. With his childhood friend Harper Lee (Catherine Keener), writer of the soon-to-be published To Kill a Mockingbird, Capote sets out to investigate, winning over the locals despite his flamboyant appearance and style. When he forms a bond with the killers and their execution date nears, the writing of "In Cold Blood," a book that will change the course of American literature, takes a drastic toll on Capote, changing him in ways he never imagined. Stellar performances from Hoffman and Keener, as well as Academy Award winner Chris Cooper (Adaptation) are why critics are calling Capote a "must-see movie."
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : R (Restricted)
- Package Dimensions : 7.1 x 5.42 x 0.58 inches; 0.71 Ounces
- Item model number : MFR043396126510#VG
- Director : Bennett Miller
- Media Format : Closed-captioned, Black & White, Dolby
- Run time : 1 hour and 54 minutes
- UNSPSC Code : 55111514 (Motion pictures on digital video disk DVD)
- Actors : Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Clifton Collins Jr., Bruce Greenwood, Bob Balaban
- Studio : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Condition: Slightly used.